Medela Calma Teat
Sale ENDS Sunday 30th October
Breastfeeding is always best for your baby, but sometimes it is not possible to breastfeed naturally. Calma is an alternative to breastfeeding for mothers wishing to feed their babies with breastmilk.
* Allows babies to retain their natural feeding behaviour learned on the breast.
* Babies can drink, breathe and pause regularly.
* Enables an easy transition from the breast to the teat and back.
* One size is sufficient for the entire breastfeeding period, just as in nature.
* The ideal teat for your baby - we recommend introducing a teat when breastfeeding is established
This new teat ensures that babies do not have to change their natural feeding behaviour. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma - the milk only flows when the baby works for it.
Latest studies with researchers from the University of Western Australia show that creating a vacuum is essential to successfully breastfeed. Babies learn very early on that they have to produce a vacuum for the breastmilk to flow. Their natural way of sucking requires intensive work during breastfeeding!
Standard teats accelerate an unnatural technique
When you give your baby a bottle with pumped breastmilk and a standard teat, it learns a different technique as to when you breastfeed it. The pumped breastmilk flows automatically and does not stop when the baby wants to pause or breathe. So the baby chokes more easily and can develop difficulties in its regular breathing. Medela Calma breastmilk teat Medela Calma breastmilk teat Calma - the best teat for your baby
For a mother looking for the optimal teat to feed her child breastmilk, Calma is the ideal solution. Calma was developed based on the results of our studies with the University of Western Australia. That's why Calma is the ideal teat for babies who are being breastfed with breastmilk, as it allows them to suck, swallow and breathe, as learned on the breast. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma, the baby has to create a vacuum for breastmilk to flow. As soon as the baby pauses, the flow is stopped, this is also the way with breastfeeding.
With Calma - the ideal breastmilk teat - your baby is on the safe side
Similar as with breastfeeding, your baby can
* drink, pause and breathe in its natural rhythm,
* create its individual vacuum through a combination of tongue and jaw movements,
* retain its natural way of sucking, which allows an easy transition from breastfeeding to feeding breastmilk with Calma and back to the breast.
Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate.