Gift Registry FAQ
Creating a Registry
1. How do I create a registry?
It’s simple, all you have to do is follow the below steps;
- Step1: Visit www.minimee.com.au Click on the Gift Registry link on the top right hand corner of the screen. Click on “Create a Gift Registry” and follow the steps to Create An Account (its free)
- Step 2: You can then Add New Event. Once you have saved that event, you can start selecting your items by clicking Add to Gift Registry that is featured on every product page.
- Step 3: Got everything? As soon as you're finished creating your gift registry list, it becomes available online and your guests are welcome to start purchasing gifts immediately. You can make changes or add items or edit qualities online at any time leading up to the event just by logging in.
- Step 4: Spread the word : A Gift Registry number will be generated online for you and when you are in the Gift Registry section of your account, there is a Share button where you can enter in your guest's email addresses so the link is sent directly to them. Alternatively, you will also find a link that you can personally send to your family/friends.
- Step 5: That's it! We will do the rest. You can then manage the list at your convenience and the online system will automatically keep records of what gifts have been purchased and by whom. It's time for you to relax and look forward to your event.
2. Are there any fees to setup a registry?
No. The Minimee Gift Registry is a free service that we provide to all of our customers.
3. For what sort of occasions can I setup a registry for?
The Minimee Gift Registry service is here to help you. Some popular registry events are Baby Showers, Christenings and Birthdays.
4. What happens if a product I have added to my list is OUT OF STOCK?
Please be aware that products within gift registries can be OUT OF STOCK and if your guests purchase a gift from your registry and it is out of stock, we will offer them to change to a gift that is on your gift registry OR offer them to wait until it is back in stock OR a gift voucher to that value OR a refund. We recommend that you alert your guests whether or not you are happy to wait for the item even if it is after the event you have created or if you prefer to get a gift voucher in its place. We DO NOT hold products on gift registries and we recommend guests email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure an item will reach the destination in time for an event
Delivery of gifts
If you are providing your own address for people to deliver your gifts to – let them know it will be listed at the checkout under delivery options. (delivery charges apply). Please let your guests know that they need to allow at least 5 working days if they have selected delivery option to receive the items
5. What products can I include on my Gift Registry?
You can select from a wide range of items available online at ww.minimee.com.au
6. Do I have to complete my registry all at once?
You do not have to complete your list at the time of registering. You may wish to select a few items and then come back at a later date to complete the list. You can also add and remove items at any point in the lead up to your event.
7. Is there a minimum or maximum amount that I have to register?
There is no limit to the number of items you can register with Minimee. This means your list can be as simple or as extensive as you wish.
8. What if there are gifts left on my Registry on completion of my occasion?
While you are not required to purchase any remaining gifts, as a thank you for registering at Minimee Babies & Kids, after the event is completed you are welcome to purchase any of the remaining items with a 10% discount off within three months. Purchases must be after your occasion has occurred. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or price discount.
9. Are there any delivery fees with a registry purchase?
Yes. Delivery fees are to be paid by the guest. Delivery for each purchase is calculated at checkout and is based on the items purchase and delivery location. Guests can choose from the following options.
- Option 1: Delivery to the requested address of the registrant’s
- Option 2: Delivery to a nominated address by the guest to present the gift in person
- Option 3: Purchase and collection in store
10. How are the gifts delivered to me at the end of the registry?
Gifts will either be sent to the gift giver or if you added the option for gifts to be sent directly to your address (by supplying your address when creating your gift registry), Gifts will be sent in one delivery on a date requested by you. These gifts will only include gifts which guests have nominated to be sent to your requested address (excluding furniture) and if items are out of stock, the gift giver will be notified.
11. What if someone does not want to purchase an item online and goes instore to purchase it?
Instore puchased items will not be recorded as being purchased on your gift registry. It is the responsibility of the buyer to alert you to the fact that they have purchased the item offline so you can remove that product from your registry. If you end up with two of the same item on your gift registry, we will happily exchange the goods to the value of the paid amount with proof of purchase as long as it is in its originial condition, unopened and unused. Please note delivery fees may apply if items need to be sent.
12. Do i have to have a passwaord on my gift registry?
Adding a password to your gift registry for guests to be able to view your registry is optional. If you do not not want a password on your gift registry, please ignore the area under Privacy Setting that ask you to input a password on the Event Details page
Purchasing from a Registry
1. How do I find a Registry?
It’s easy to find a Gift Registry online, just visit www.minimee.com.au and click on the Gift Registry link found on the top right hand corner on the homepage. All you need is the surname and either the first name or event date of the Gift Registry holder
2. I can’t find a person’s registry online, what do I do?
First, check the link that the Gift holder has sent you or the Name of the Gift Registry holder. If you still can’t find the Registry, you can call us toll free on 1300 701 442 during business hours or email us at email@example.com
3. How up-to-date is the online registry?
Gift lists are updated by the event host is in total control of their gift registry online and any changes and products added/removed online are made instantly. Therefore the most up-to-date gift list will be available online at time of purchase. Please note that if an item has a 1 in the "Purchased" column, it means that someone has already purchased that item. If the item is purchaed and the gift registry holder has not removed the item and you try to add it to your cart, there will be an alert at the top of your shopping basket alerting you to the fact that the item has already been purchased and to purchase an alternative product. Please 1300 701 442 if you have any queries regarding the latest gift list.
4. How do I purchase a gift?
Gifts can be purchased online or by printing off the Gift Registry list from the website and taking into a Minimee store. Alternatively, you can call 1300 701 442 to purchase gifts over the phone. If you are purchasing a gift from a registry either in store or over the phone, you MUST advise staff at time of purchase of the gift registry Name or link so the gift is taken off the registry. Please also check that the item is in stock and if you are having it delivered that you allow enough time for delivery before the event.
5. How up to date are the gift prices?
Prices quoted on gift lists are current prices. These prices may vary pending on sale periods. We cannot hold a sale price for gift registries and the price of goods is as displayed on our website.
6. What happens if an item on the list is OUT OF STOCK that i have purchased?
Should a product on a gift registry be out of stock, we will advise you when the item is estimated to return back into stock in which case you can purchase the item and we will ensure it is sent to the host at this time, even if it is after the event, or alternatively you can select another item which is in stock or we can provide you with a gift voucher listing the item that has been purchased and we will let the Gift Registry holder know when it is ready for dispatch/pick-up. We DO NOT hold products on gift registries and we recommend you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure an item will reach you or the gift registry holder in time for an event.
7. Can I have an item gift-wrapped?
Yes, you will find the gift wrapping button on the checkout page including gift cards.
8. How does delivery work?
You can choose from the following delivery options.
- Option 1: Delivered to the requested address if the Gift Registry holder has supplied an address
- Option 2: Delivered to a nominated address by you to present the gift in person
- Option 3: Purchase and collection in store
- All delivery charges will be paid by the guest.
- When delivery is requested, the charge will be calculated based on your delivery location and items purchase.
- Heavy and/or large items such as cots, change tables, furniture and odd shaped items will be delivered via a courier or two-man delivery service and will attract additional fees, depending on the service provider's fee structure. These items will be delivered unwrapped and without a gift card Guest's details will be on the delivery report provided to the registrant at the completion of their occasion.
- Please allow approximately 10 days for your order to be processed.
- Delivery prices are subject to change.