Minimonkey Baby Carrier
Specials END December 18
No stress on shoulders and back!
A new way to carry. The Minimonkey baby carrier is the only baby carrier that does not put pressure on shoulders and back. The revolutionary design ensures that you carry the weight of the child exactly at the point where you are physically the strongest, your stomach and hips. Just like during pregnancy. Because of the clever and natural distribution of weight the carrier is not only suitable for babies but also for toddlers up to approximately three years. No wonder everyone gets carried away with this sturdy and safe baby carrier that can be used in 4 different ways!
- 0 - 3 years (max 18kg)
- Ergonomic for both carrier and child
- One size fits all
- Washable at 40º (in laundrybag)
- 100% cotton
The Minimonkey baby carrier is developed in collaboration with several medical specialists:
- it carries the weight of your baby on your own center of gravity (around belly button), making it light to carry
- It encourages an upright posture because it supports the lower back and does not pull on the shoulders
- it may even have a positive effect on pelvic instability (discuss with your physician)
- it can also be used by people with back pain (discuss with your physician)
- it is a very ergonomic baby carrier for both carrier and child
Natural baby carrier 4-in-1
The child can be carried in the Minimonkey baby carrier in 4 different positions:
- Frog position (newborn (3.5kg) - 2 months)
- Belly to Belly (± 2 months - 3 years)
- Facing out (± 6 - 12 months)
- Back position (± 6 months - 3 years)
1. Frog position (newborn (3.5kg) - 2 months)
Right from birth (3.5kg+), the baby can be carried in the Minimonkey baby carrier in the frog position. The frog position is the natural position of a newborn where the knees are raised.
Thanks to the unique design of the Minimonkey baby carrier, the head and spine of the baby are optimal supported. The height and the width of the head cushion can be adjusted to the size of the baby. The babies back is completely enclosed and supported, so no pressure is put on the spine and vertebra.
2. Belly to Belly (± 2 months - 3 years)
From the moment the baby's legs will keep further apart (usually around 2 months), the baby can be carried with his belly against yours and the legs around your body.
This is the most ergonomic position for both the carrier and the baby. When wearing the baby in this way, the hips are automatically placed in the right position, the so called 'M-Position' - baby's knees are higher up than his bottom and that his legs are spread apart ca. 90°. More info to encourage normal hip development can be found here.
Even when your child gets heavier, this is a very comfortable position.
If your baby falls asleep, then you can support the head with the 'hoody' that comes standard with the carrier.
3. Facing out (± 6 - 12 months)
Most babies like to look at the world. By unzipping the 2 zippers on the front of the carrier and folding the 2 flaps down, the seat narrows, allowing the baby to be carried facing out. Make sure your child doesn’t get overexcited when you carry him this way. We recommend alternating between carrying your baby ‘facing out’ and using the ‘belly to belly’ method.
If you carry the baby facing out, the arms of the baby are held beside the baby carrier (below or above the clip of the ‘back support'). Larger babies can put their arms over the carrier as well, so the shoulders and arms are as it were above the carrier.
4. Back position (± 6 months - 3 years)
The Minimonkey baby carrier can also be worn on the back. The special ‘back support’ is then strapped around the belly. Especially men can find it comfortable to carry their child this way.
Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate.